Sometimes calls just don't go through - please contact us if your call never got through, but first please check the following:
Have you, or your recipient, set-up voicemail on your mobile phone?
- Roughly 5% of all calls, not just from CallSpin sites, to cellphones are rejected by the carrier or the cell-tower and will be diverted to voicemail, even if the phone is perfectly able to accept the call (e.g. not already in a call, the phone is in a good service area, etc). However if voicemail is not set-up on your phone then the message will be dropped, and because no voicemail was recorded you won't get a voicemail alert, and because the phone never received the call you won't get a missed-call alert. Note that some carriers do send missed-call alerts even if no voicemail was recorded a few minutes after the call attempt was made.
- This can also happen if your voicemail mailbox is full.
When submitting my call request, it was rejected with an error message
This happens for a variety of reasons:
- You tried to send a free call to a country we don't support sending free calls to
- The recipient is on our Do Not Call list.
- You hit our sender rate-limit which restricts how many calls someone can make on a rolling basis. This limit varies between websites.
- You hit our recipient rate-limit which restricts how many calls someone can receive on a rolling basis. This limit varies between websites.
I submitted my call and the website says the call is being made, but the phone never rang!
This is rare, but can happen.
- Ensure you did not choose any advance call schedule such that the call will be made at a later point in time.
- And also that the recipient isn't directing their calls to their voicemail.
- If you selected a custom Caller ID option your call may be silently rejected by some carriers. Please contact us if you believe this is the case.
- Sometimes this can happen during a period of high-demand with line congestion. We select our carriers carefully to ensure this does not happen.
- If all obvious causes have been eliminated, please contact us for assistance. Please include information regarding the recipient's phone carrier, geographical area, and their type of phone (e.g. landline, smartphone) because we want to investigate these occurrences to prevent them happening in future!
- When contacting us about unsuccessful calls please provide us with the "Call ID" (the alphanumeric text in your browser's address bar (e.g. "iaNMfBWWxcM" from https://www.comedycalls.com/Calls/view/iaNMfBWWxcM) as this will allow us to locate your call in our records immediately.
We do have systems that detect failed calls and all calls, both Free and Premium, are retried (for free!) up to six times before we give up. Retries are made with an approximate 30 second gap. In the event a Premium call was not made you will receive a full Call Credit refund to your CallSpin account immediately after the sixth retry fails.